- Please note that the start time of Registration & Welcome reception has been changed to 17:00-.
The scientific aims of this meeting are summarized as follows:
- Bring together researchers studying binary star systems containing
an accreting white dwarf (WD) star and those studying systems
with related stellar constituents and physical processes.
- Facilitate discussion that will advance our understanding of
accretion phenomena, constituent star properties, and population
makeup and evolution for both white-dwarf-primary and other
types of accreting stellar systems and their progenitors.
- Use this improved understanding to both direct and exploit ongoing
and near-future observations and surveys.
- Accretion Disks
- disks in compact binaries
- Magnetic Accretion
- magnetically dominated accretion flow
- jets and winds in compact binaries
- White Dwarfs
- WDs as primaries and donors in compact binaries
- Secondary Stars
- non-degenerate donors and their relation to detached MS stars and BDs
- the evolution of compact binaries and their progenitors
- Novae and Supersoft Sources
- thermonuclear burning and its consequences
- the 2010 eruption of U Sco
- SNIa progenitors
- RNe as SN Ia progenitors
- Double degenerates
- Supersoft X-ray binaries
- Next Generation Surveys
- opportunities for the next decade