7–10 November 2017
Registration starts 6 Nov evening.
Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- 6 May 2017 Registration start
- 6 Jul 2017 Early registration due
- 6 Aug 2017 Abstract deadline
- 6 Aug 2017 Financial support deadline
- 6 Sep 2017 Program open (fix oral/poster presenters)
- Session1: Progress on instrumentation and future plans
- Session2: MHD processes in photosphere, chromosphere and corona
- Session3: Flare, ejection and space weather
- Session4: Solar interior and activity cycle of the Sun and stars
Session1: Progress on instrumentation and future plans
- Thomas Rimmele (NSO), “Progress and perspective of the DKIST”
- Kyungsuk Cho (KASI, Korea), “Toward Next Generation Coronagraph: Development of Compact Diagnostic Coronagraph on ISS”
- Toshifumi Shimizu (JAXA), “Future plans of Japanese space solar missions”
- Weiqun Gan (PMO), “Advanced Space-based Solar Observatory: Progress and Prospect”
- Dipankar Banerjee (ISRO), “Science with India's space mission Aditya L1”
Session2: MHD processes in photosphere, chromosphere and corona
- Mark Cheung (LMSAL), keynote, “Using Radiative MHD Simulations and SDO/AIA to Study the Thermal Structure and Evolution of Solar Flares”
- Shadia Habbal (University of Hawaii), keynote, “Plasma physics in corona and solar wind”
- Tetsuya Magara (KHU, Korea), “The Process and Impact of the Emergence of a Twisted Magnetic Flux Tube”
- Shin Toriumi (NAOJ), “Physical Processes of Flux Emergence and Active Region Formation”
- Pengfei Chen (NJU), Young Career Award Lecture: “Coronal EIT waves: A story of Twenty Years”
Session3: Flare, ejection and space weather
- Haimin Wang (New Jersey Institute of Technology), keynote, “High Resolution Flare Observations with the 1.6 m NST at BBSO”
- Nat Gopalswamy (NASA), keynote, “CME kinematics and geo effectiveness”
- Kanya Kusano (Nagoya Univ.), keynote, “Project for Solar-Telestorial Environment Prediction (PSTEP)”
- Piyali Chatterjee (IIA), “Modeling Repeatedly Flaring δ Sunspots”
- Daisaku Nogami (Kyoto Univ.), “Superflares on solar-type stars”
- Yongjae Moon (KHU, Korea), “Development of space weather forecast models based on statistics and deep-learning methods”
Session4: Solar interior and activity cycle of the Sun and stars
- Jie Jiang (Beihang University), keynote, “Flux transport dynamo and solar cycle”
- Dean-Yi Chou (National Tsing-Hua University), “Helioseismology”
- Junwei Zhao (Stanford University), “Studying Solar Interior and Higher Atmosphere using Helioseismic Waves”
- Hideyuki Hotta (Chiba Univ.), “Recent development of solar dynamo model”
- Yasuo Takeuchi (Kobe Univ.), “Solar neutrino measurements at Super-Kamiokande”
In the afternoon of 9 November, we will have a half-day tour to Kwasan Observatory. The number of attendees for the event is limited to 40 people. Please register through the on-line registration page. The fee is 1,000JPY.
Registration page (operated by Kinki Nippon Tourist): Click here.
We will present the program of the APSPM 2017 in September 6th.
We accept ONE abstract for each submitting author in principle. Your abstract should be written in plain text and should have ~200 words. Make sure to include the title, author(s), affiliation(s), and e-mail address. Authors should identify the session most appropriate to their presentation, and their preferred style (oral, poster, no preference). Please do not use special characters (such as umlauts, trema, and so on), since they can be garbled. Please follow the abstract form below:
<Abstract Form> Title: Super Flares Author(s) (Affiliation(s)): Kazunari Shibata (Kyoto University) Abstract (~200words): *** Session: *** Preferred style: oral / poster / no preference
Abstracts should be submitted by e-mail to apspm2017 (at) kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp with the subject line “Abstract Submission for APSPM2017” by 6th of August 2017.
Some grants will be available to provide financial support to attend this meeting. These grants will be made available mainly for young researchers.
To apply for financial support please download the application forms (Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF), complete them and send them back by email to apspm2017 (at) kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp with the subject line “Financial Support Application for APSPM2017” by 6th of August 2017.
Those who need to apply for a visa are requested to contact us at your earliest convenience. Please send us the VISA application form (Microsoft Word, Plain Text) by email to apspm2017-visa (at) kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp with the subject line “VISA Application for APSPM2017”.
Child care services are available near the conference site. If you need more information on the child care, please send an e-mail to asai (at) kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp by August 6, 2017.
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Kiyoshi Ichimoto (Chair, Kyoto University, Japan)
- Yoshinori Suematsu (National Astronomical Observatory of Japan, Japan)
- Jongchul Chae (Seoul National University, Korea)
- Young-deuk Park (Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute, Korea)
- Mingde Ding (Nanjing University, China)
- Huaning Wang (National Astronomical Observatories, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
- Chia-Hsien Lin (National Central University, Taiwan)
- Dipankar Banerjee (Indian Institute of AstroPhysics, India)
- Nandita Srivastava (Udaipur Solar Observatory, India)
- Paul Cally (Monash University, Australia)
- Wenda Cao (New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA)
Local Organizing Committee
- Kazunari Shibata (Chair, Kyoto University)
- Ayumi Asai (Kyoto University)
- Takako T. Ishii (Kyoto University)
- Keisuke Nishida (Kyoto University)
- Kenichi Otsuji (Kyoto University)
- Tetsu Anan (Kyoto University)
- Satoru Ueno (Kyoto University)
- Shinichi Nagata (Kyoto University)
- Hiroaki Isobe (Kyoto University)
- Satoshi Masuda (Nagoya University)
- Takashi Sakurai (Japan)
- Jingxiu Wang (China)
- Arnab Rai Choudhuri (India)
Jointly hosted by
If you have any questions or comments about the meeting, please send an e-mail to apspm2017 (at) kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp.