FEW2008 is a successoinal workshop of the highly successful FEW2007 in St. Andrews. The aim of this workshop is to have focused and intensive discussions on solar magnetic flux emergence and related phenomena, such as eruptions, reconnection and dynamo. The number of participants will be restricted relatively small (say, <50) and we keep plenty of time for discussion, so that the participants can discuss problems that can be too specific elsewhere. See program for detail.
Registraion is officially closet on 31 August 2008, but there still are space for a few more people. Please contact to LOC if you wish to attend.
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Hiroaki Isobe (Kyoto University, Chair)
- Kazunari Shibata (Kyoto University, Co-Chair)
- Takako T. Ishii (Kyoto University)
- Takaaki Yokoyama (Univ. Tokyo)
- Tetsuya Magara (NAOJ)
- Vasilis Archontis (University of St. Andrews)
- Alan Hood (University of St. Andrews)
- Fernando Moreno-Insertis (Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias)
- Mark Cheung (LMSAL)
Local Organizing Committee
- Hiroaki Isobe
- Kazunari Shibata
- Takako T. Ishii
- Takaaki Yokoyama
- Tetsuya Magara
This workshop is supported by
Inoue Foundation for Science and
the GLOBAL COE PROGRAM "The Next Generation of Physics, Spun from Universality
and Emergence-Developing Independent Researchers to Explore New Frontiers-" of
Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University.