The museum building was originally used for adjusting the
observatory's precision clocks in the early days after the
Observatory was established in 1929. Several years ago it was
planned that the building should be demolished since such
adjustments were no longer necessary.
However, an architect pointed out the historical importance of the building itself which
was one of the precious old western-style buildings constructed in the early part
of the 20th century. Therefore it was repaired and developed into a Museum.
There are three rooms in the Museum, which include displays of historical
astronomcal items such as a clock and solar spectrum.